Nearly everything on earth can be improved by embellishing with a flower. A huge one is novel and mega-cute. Like all the best projects, it knits up in a jiff in bulky yarn and biggish needles. Use a contrast color mid-flower for two-tone effect!
Skill Level: Beginner+
* Bulky yarn, I used Lion Brand Hometown, 1 ball makes a bunch o’ flowers
* Size US 13 straight needles
* Tapestry needle
* Cast on 70 stitches.
* Row 1: knit
* Row 2: purl 2 together across entire row (35 stitches left)
* Row 3: knit
* Row 4: purl 2 together across entire row to last stitch, knit 1 (18 sts left)
* Row 5: knit
* Row 6: purl 2 together across entire row to last stitch, knit 1 (9 sts left)
* Row 7: knit 2 together to last stitch, knit 1 (5 sts)
* Finishing: cut yarn, thread it through tapestry needle and pull yarn through remaining stitches, pulling needle out as you do so. Curl flower and tack into place with your yarn and needle.